Thursday, January 13, 2011

OSF no dtw - rerun from forum. wow. OK

Heya ppl... take this whole thing with a bag of salt - It’s not meant to be a rulebook, I’m merely putting forth my version of the way I do things in OSF Land.

In truth, I get a lot of the same Q's during my opens and thought I'd be a slack bugger and get myself a page to point ppl to.


The most commonly asked question is "How do you open and not dtw?!?" (dtw = defender too weak)

In answering this, let’s look at it from a different angle… “What does it take to make an OSF dtw?”

Assuming the OSF’s available spies are above 20% of their total (being attacked under this value will result in an OSF being unhittable - aka dtw), the only situation that can cause a dtw is if the OSF’s bank balance is zero.

Little note: Where I refer to bank balance, I mean the total cash on hand which can be used for things such as buying pots, volleying, or buying allies.

So… to ensure as an OSF you do not dtw, is to ENSURE your bank balance NEVER hits ZERO.


“How do you drop pots fast enough to keep your bank above zero? Do you cheat and use a script or bot?”

The problem with this question is it’s coming from the “old school” perspective of manually bashing the hell out of your spacebar dropping 2c pots.

Take the spacebar out of the equation, and refer to the answer found from question number one.
Put money in your bank before it hits zero.

The speed you top up your bank balance is relative to the speed in which the balance is declining… ie the more hitters hitting you, the more frequently you need to put money into your bank.

How do I prefer to do it? I sell 12m Spy Attack pots in groups of 5, 10 or 20 at a time, which results in either 45m, 90m, or 180m being injected into your bank.

“Your method is too expensive! I dropped a billion $ into my bank and I was losing tens of millions every time I was hit!!!! How can you afford it?!?”

This question touches on the heart and soul of the whole method.

How do you make money dropping large quantities of KaW cash?

There is only one answer to this, although it has multiple parts: You manage your costs. 

I’m getting a little bored of writing so I’m not going to bore you all with the details, but the guts are as follows:

• When your available spies are low… the amount you lose per failed attack will be lower.
• When your bank balance is low… the amount you lose per failed attack will be lower.
• When your attackers are strong (relative to your size as an OSF) then the war tax they pay will be higher.

What you are looking for is a situation where the amount it costs you to “provide” a successful hit (ie a hit in which the attacker earns money and does not dtw), is far less than the amount you earn in tax from the attacker.

So ignoring all of the above… the three things you need to know to open with cash and not dtw are:

1) Keep your bank balance above zero and below 250m
2) Keep your total spies as close to the high side of 20% as possible
3) Have attackers who provide you with tax per hit, which exceeds the amount you lose per hit

And that’s it folks.

If you don’t believe me… checkout any pwars which include the likes of CammiBe80rg, EvelynLin, GrrLex, StavKing, BellaLuna, R2Z2 or myself.

Cheers & Happy KaWing

Bloodnutz



I sell the 1 mil spy att pot in groups of five or ten, and then switch to the 1,250 spy att and slowly sell them one by one to watch my money go down, when bank is under 1 mil depending on how fast I lose money I'll either drop five or ten.


The whole point of selling lowest cost potion is to lower costs. By talking about 12 mill pots, your putting out 10 mill ish which will give you 5-10 hits out of that.

That is no different then having 200 mill or 500 mill or 2 bill out. Your whole strategy is around keeping spies low. Which is another layer of complexity above spam selling a potion.

Try 20%+ spy levels and 200 mill. You'll save your wrist the pain



Umm, when keeping them low and you have 10 mil out, I lose from 300-500k a hit that's 20-30 hits not only 9. Even if you're not in a pwar with super strong hitters, if a five mil plunder hitter is unloading on you then he just needs to hit you 10 times for you to make money, well you still have 10-20 more hitters hitting you as well which would be all profit. That is if you're the only OSF though.

No comments:

Post a Comment